Friday 19 June 2009

Crazy loving you
[Did Sharukh Khan take a U-turn, due to intense Religious Pressure from Islamic Fanatics, at the end. He said he loved the controversial book, Da Vinci Code, where Christianity is shown in poor light.......He did not apologize for that, but had to back-track when his own religious/cult beliefs are concerned....
In a written reply to the magazine he said, " He was misrepresented. He added that his most important objective in life is to stand up for the tenets of Islam."
So the question arises do Sharukh Khan support some of the most controversial tenants of Islam, like Jihad, imposition of Jijiya Tax on Non-Muslims, Killing of those who worship idols, belittling other religions, by saying there is no God Greater than Allah (Without defining who is the Allah), cutting of limbs and all sorts of barbaric acts prevalent in Islamic countries, putting women behind the veil, asking husbands to beat their wives or give ten blows to their wives, stoning women to death, Halal (one of the most cruel ways of killing animals for food), etc??
If those Islamic Fanatics do not to give land for his Burial in Maharashtra, then he can become a Hindu and get Cremated!! Even some sects of Hindus do not Cremate their deads (like the Nath commuity of Bengal who give burial to the deads, even though they are Hindus). After marrige with a Hindu women he is already half Hindu, according to Hindu Beliefs....So he can choose between Quiet Burial or to get cremated....
The moot point is that Sharukh Khan lacks the guts and good intentions to reform societies. I would have appreciated if his reply would have been a little different not the usual stereotyped ones like by Islamic Fanatics. Also the question arises why these Muslim Fanatic groups did not take similar action again the painter, M F Hussein who denigrated Hindu Gods.....]
The following is the controversial interview which appeared in the Mumbai based Time and Style Magazine:
WHAT’S IT LIKE TO GET UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL WITH SHAH RUKH KHAN AND ASK HIM THE ZANIEST QUESTIONS? WHAT’S IT LIKE TO BE FATHER, SUPERSTAR, ACTOR AND DREAM GUY ALL ROLLED INTO ONE? THE BRAND AMBASSADOR OF TAG HEUER FIELDS SOME PRETTY UNNERVING QUESTIONS .
“I was destined to higher studies or elite team sports but I chose to major in filmmaking. People say I now rule Bollywood, but the way I see it, I simply work hard on making endless opportunities to challenge and reinvent myself. A cross-over to Hollywood is not an option: I’d rather make a mark without losing my identity and my culture. My name is Shah Rukh Khan and I share TAG Heuer’s values.” – Shah Rukh Khan on things in common with TAG Heuer.
If your home was burning down, what would you save with your two hands?
My children — son Aryan and daughter Suhana.You are no fan of…Restaurants and eating out.
How much power have women got?
As much as they would like to wield… It’s just that they need to believe in themselves.Women are more powerful than men, I’m a true believer of that. But sometimes they don’t wield it because they feel it would be wrong. I think they should go out and wield the power.
From your Fairy Godmother you would ask for …
I would ask her to meet my daughter. She loves fairies.
According to you who is the most impressive figure in history?
There are lots of them, some negative ones like Hitler, then Napoleon,Winston Churchill and if I can call it history, then Prophet Mohammed and from recent time — Nelson Mandela. And there are the nice ones like Gandhiji and Mother Teresa.
What virtue should every man have?
The right thing to do, I think, is not use a modus operandi to make someone fall in love with you. Just be honest and go with it.
For one day I would like to be (Heidi Klum, George Bush, an Eskimo…)No one else. The world wants to be me, so why should I want to be someone else?
What is your most favourite song ever?‘Suzanna I’m crazy loving you’.
Which book made a deep impression on you and why?
I liked the plot and story of Shantaram. The Da Vinci Code is nice as well and so is Bourne Identity. I like fiction; of course Shantaram is not fiction, otherwise Nine Paths of Desire by an Iranian writer is another book that moved me.
Is there anything that angers you in this world?
Not any more, I don’t get angry about anything except when people let me down...like if somebody says I cannot do this. I like people who say I can’t and I don’t and I won’t... but I don’t like people who say they can, they will and then they don’t.
What are you made of? (Which incidentally happens to be the tagline of the brandTAG Heuer!)
Lot of humour, lot of hard work, lot of perseverance and lot of fun. And I like to believe in lot of honesty.
You are since 2003, a member of the ‘TAG Heuer dream team of brand ambassadors’ with Tiger Woods, Maria Sharapova, Kimi Raikonnen, Lewis Hamilton and now Leonardo Di Caprio, just to mention a few… it must be something special: how do you feel in this role?
It’s very exciting. This brand chooses people around the world who’re not only achievers but perfectionists. Ihave seen Leonardo Di Caprio from Titanic, and also other movies before that — apart from being a handsome young man, he is also very intelligent. I saw and heard him speak at the Golden Globe awards. He knows what to say and speaks very intelligently.
Which watch do you generally wear? Do you connect with it as just an accessory or on a personal level?
Fortunately, I have enough TAG Heuer watches to match every mood and occasion. I wear the Carrera Tachymetre when I am relaxing or hanging out. I wear the Grand Carrera for slightly formal occasions. I like to wear my Monaco 69 SRK Limited Edition as well.
Which values of the brand do you share the most?
Sportiness and toughness.
Courtsey: Time & Style: http://www.timenstyle.com/luxury/interview.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.