Monday 29 April 2013

I was sold in auction by my mother: 15-yr-old sexual abuse victim
~~Shilpa P. 
Photo: Freeindia.com
Mysore: “I was auctioned by my moth­er after I attained pub­e­rty and she sold me to the highest bidder, KR Pet BEO Puttaswamy Gowda, who paid Rs 75,000,” said 15-year-old Suma (name chan­ged), accusing her mother of pushing her into prostitution.

Child Welfare Committee officials said that the mother 45-year-old Neetha (name changed) moved to Mysore four years ago after getting a divorce. There, five men, including the BEO, a repor­ter, a bank manager, and two businessmen alleg­edly visited her regularly. When Neetha became diabetic, the men eyed her daughter. When she attained puberty, Neetha called for bids and sold her to the BEO.

The police have arrested Geetha, who has been sent to judicial custody till May 9, along with the BEO, CWC official said. The BEO has 3 children, two of whom are doctors. The education department has suspended the BEO.

Courtesy: Deccan Chronicle