Saturday 29 June 2013

Vidya Balan will not add her hubby's surname to her own
~~Navdeep Kaur Marwah
Vidya Balan visiting the Golden
Temple in Amritsar
Actor Vidya Balan, who is riding high on her professional success, has confirmed that she is not adding her husband Siddharth Roy Kapur’s surname to her name.

When asked if rumours of her changing her name were true, the 35-year old said, “I don’t know who said that (I am changing my name to
Vidya Balan Roy Kapur.) I remain Vidya Balan. I think Sid (Siddharth) and I both feel that since he will remain Siddharh Roy Kapur and not become Siddharth Balan Roy Kapur, so I will remain Vidya Balan and not become Vidya Balan Roy Kapur.”

Ask her how marriage has changed her and pat comes the reply, “Everyone is saying that I am glowing more these days. I think the inner happiness reflects. I am adjusting very well with Sid’s family. I have gained a family. I feel truly blessed. Emraan (Hashmi) keeps teasing me, saying that this is just the honeymoon period.”

Vidya and Emraan were in Delhi to promote Ghanchakkar, their latest film, which opened to mixed reviews yesterday. Asked if she thinks Bollywood celebrities should extend more help to Uttrakhand flood victims, Vidya says, “Don’t get into how much who is doing. India has stood together in every calamity; don’t focus just on Bollywood.”

Vidya’s speaks...
On her name
I don’t know who said that (I am changing my name to Vidya Balan Roy Kapur). I remain Vidya Balan.

On marriage
Nothing has changed after marriage. I make sure everything is in order. Earlier I would do it for myself, now I do it for the house.

On Uttarakhand
Don’t get into how much who is doing. India has stood together in every calamity; don’t just focus on Bollywood.

Courtesy: Hindustan Times